GWSF Annual Conference 2019
Supporting our communities to flourish
As usual, our annual conference this year will feature an interesting and diverse programme packed with great plenary speakers and stimulating workshop sessions.
Plenary speakers include:
- Scottish Cabinet Secretary for Communities and Local Government, Aileen Campbell, MSP
- Dr Jim McCormick, Associate Director Scotland, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Irene Campbell, Director, Linthouse Housing Association
- Karen McCluskey, Chief Executive, Community Justice Scotland
- Dr Oliver Escobar, Lecturer in Public Policy, University of Edinburgh, Co-Director of ‘What Works Scotland’
Workshops sessions will focus on key issues including:
- Tackling poverty – how can housing associations make a real impact?
- The Scottish Government’s consultation on Housing to 2040
- Freedom of Information – an introduction for committee/board members
- Self-assessment and self-assurance – have we gone overboard?
- Social media – how community-based HAs are making it work for them
More information and booking details are available in the programme.