- This event has passed.
GWSF’s Autumn Membership Gathering (via Zoom)
19th November 2021 @ 9:15 am - 2:30 pm
What does the ‘new normal’ look like for community based housing associations?
Online this year, our autumn gathering features a thought-provoking programme and diverse range of speakers, while also allowing two separate opportunities for smaller discussion groups. Delegates can tweet on the day with #GWSF2021.
Plenary sessions include:
- Does Covid make a ‘wellbeing economy’ more or less likely? Katherine Trebeck, Writer and Researcher, looks at the chance of us moving towards a different kind of society and economy
- Are we fighting fit for the future? David Bookbinder and Colleen Rowan, GWSF, explore the findings of current membership research on the strength of our committees/boards
- What is ‘community’? – A view from the south. Tony Stacey, Chief Executive, South Yorkshire HA, outlines what’s really happening in the sector in England. Are associations there just too big to think about being truly community-focused?
A choice of five workshops:
- Housing associations tackling child poverty
- Retrofit and new heating systems – what will the cost be to tenants?
- Avoiding evictions and arrears – what more can we do?
- Rent increase challenges
- Innovation in going digital – giving tenants real choices